Search This Blog

Friday, February 18, 2011

Letter to Thune to DEFUND PLANNED PARENTHOOD

Senator Thune,

With the recent activity in the House of Representatives regarding the passing of the bill to defund Planned Parenthood, I feel obligated as a taxpayer to notify you of my strong support for this bill to pass in the Senate as well. It is with my deepest prayer that you take a strong stance not only for the state of South Dakota, but for young women, and the lives of millions of unborn babies and vote for this bill to pass. Not only does Planned Parenthood perform abortions that kill millions of lives every year, they break many laws regarding statutory rape issues and sex trafficking as well. I have done immense research on the topic using liveaction.org. Live Action is an organization founded by a young woman by the name of Lila Rose who as a college freshman began going on undercover "stings" to prove the scandals happening inside the walls of multiple Planned Parenthood agencies. She would pose as a minor who was pregnant by an older man and seek an abortion. The videos she captured clearly show that, even though they are obligated, Planned Parenthood would not report these cases of statutory rape. This is just a small reason for my plea for you to stand firm in a vote to pass this bill. I know I am among many of you constituents who believe the same as I do.

Please, do not take my word for it, log on to liveaction.org and see for yourself the tragedy that Planned Parenthood really is. It would be doing our state, country, and society- born and unborn a great disservice to vote any other way. The truth is black and white for this case- no US taxpayer should be funding such illegal actions that cause such cutting wounds in the lives of our young people. I will continue to pray that God's mercy and justice will fall on this bill in abundance.

In great faith,

Meghan O'Connor, SDSU Student

No comments:

Post a Comment